EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW! LAURENCE BEVERIDGE FROM FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS


Just before the mighty Fearless Vampire Killers head out on the Kerrang! Tour in supporting Black Veil Brides as part of an exciting bill, I managed to catch a few words with ultra busy joint lead singer and guitarist Laurence Beveridge…
 

If 2012 was the year that FVK really found some momentum, 2013 is the year that you could really break out of the box. The Kerrang! Tour is a big deal. I guess you are excited. What can the fans expect and do you think there’ll be a rivalry between the bands?

Yeah, we're super excited. We haven't played a show for 3 months, so we're desperate to get out there and metaphorically destroy some stages. Rivalry!? No way, we're dwarfed by the rest of the bands! I think the running order has been artfully done.

 

Your documentary ‘At War With The Thirst’ recently premiered on Loaded TV. It was a real fly on the wall, honest portrait of the band. Have you taken anything away after watching it back, you seemed very open and honest on camera?

Haha! Well, I thought I was holding back! I think Lee and TC (the directors) pulled out some skilful editing and made it pretty dramatic! The things we talk about on there, I dunno, they aren't things you can just sort out. I think the turbulence between Kier and I is part of the band - I mean I sleep next to this man almost every night and he's my biggest creative rival! Seriously bizarre... The only way this ends is if one of us gives in, and we won't, we're both too stubborn. I think we took away the idea that, despite the fact that we have opposite opinions about almost everything, we're still friends, and we still respect each other.

 

New EP ‘Exposition’ is due in March. Is it a direct follow on from the concept of your album and will we be getting a new video?

It's actually a prequel/direct follow up. The first five songs "expose" the stories of Kier, BRRN, Drew and Luke's stories before Militia. My song is what happens directly after the album. Oh, there'll definitely be another video, let's just say it will tie up some loose ends - but not all!

 

The Halloween show with Wednesday13 was mad, but I think I was more sober when I first caught you supporting William Control last Spring. I guess you’ve had more time spent with Wil over Wednesday13, but have they both been influences on FVK? There’s big early MCR in there, plus some Aiden and Murderdolls possibly….

Yeah, I mean, BRRN was pretty into Wednesday 13 and lent me a record of his when we were about 18 so yeah. I've never listened to Murderdolls though I know BRRN has. I actually got into Aiden circa Conviction so much later. William Control is an inspiration in himself though. He's a working class rockstar - one of the last in a world where buying onto tours is the norm. I think I watched his set every night on that tour - always had to make it out to catch ‘Disconnecting’. Such an awesome song. And yeah, MCR were huge when we were growing up, them and Green Day made us feel like it didn't matter whether we were cool or not, they kind of showed us normal, working class kids could do anything.

 

And finally, we love you in the UK and the Kerrang! Tour will get you noticed even more. But what about the rest of the world – America, Australia, Rest of Europe – you seem to be growing an international fan base even though you haven’t toured abroad yet. What are FVK’s plans for this year touring and music wise?

America. If we can do one show in America that'll be an achievement. Interesting stuff we can't talk about yet is going down though, so let’s see. Europe with any luck is on its way, and hell we might even fit in another continent if plans come to fruition….


Thanks Laurence for the interview – and someone hand the man a Murderdolls CD on the tour!


~~ Here’s Fetish For The Finite ~~

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
 

Popular Posts