THE STORY OF ECT (EPISODE 3) – LIVE HEAVY METAL ON CHANNEL 4


And so onto ECT’s 3rd week and probably one of its weakest. Or perhaps the programme makers just didn’t get the subject matter…. or maybe it was just that none of my favourite bands were on the week 3 show, so I don’t remember as  much about it as some of the other weeks.

Anyway, the available video footage of episode 3 is not to the quality of the first two weeks but you will still get the idea!

Running order I think was, first up SHY. These melodic rockers from Birmingham weren’t too bad and you get the full on live vocal experience from Tony Mills I remember in this clip! Keep The Fires Burning was a great song….
 
 
 

 
Next up TOBRUK. They were also from the Midlands I think and featured semi charismatic vocalist Snake on vocals. I think I had their album, I know ‘Falling’ like the back of my hand! (While reserching this article I was sad to read that Snake died in 2006).
 
 


WARRIOR were third on. Utterly bonkers, a bit like a poor man’s MANOWAR, but you can’t argue with a song as catchy as ‘Fighting For The Earth’.
 
 
 


And then headlining were metal legends HAWKWIND! Insane and a typically spaced out performance. Just what were the programme makers thinking? Anyway, no complaints – here’s mid 80s HAWKWIND headlining the most bizarre episode of the whole of the ECT series.
 
 

 


Popular Posts